[alsa-devel] writing an alsa driver

Jarkko Nikula jarkko.nikula at intel.com
Wed Jun 17 08:39:24 CEST 2015

Hi

On 06/15/2015 08:04 PM, Liam Girdwood wrote:
> We are also a little suspicious that this laptop is using SSP1 for the
> I2S audio connection to the codec. The bad news is that the FW used by
> this BYT ADSP driver does not support the SSP1 port. It's hard coded to
> use SSP0 (Jarrko, please correct the port numbering if it's wrong).
> There are going to be no further releases of this FW.

That firmware is hardcoded for SSP2, i.e. 3rd port and low-pin count
Baytrail packages have only 2 SSP ports. Obviously machines using those
variants have to use either SSP0 or SSP1.

Please see pages 29-30 for Baytrail package differences:
https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/atom/atom-z36xxx-z37xxx-datasheet-vol-1.html

--
Jarkko
Intel Finland Oy