[alsa-devel] Intel HDA & Realtek issues on ASUS G751JM

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 05:20:13 CEST 2015

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54685-Asus-G751JT-supports-5-1-analog-output

> > Is the support of 5.1 done by realtek hda manager or asus audio wizard ?
> I have only used Realtek HDA Manager. There's no "wizard", you just
> have to select 5.1 Speaker in Speaker Configuration drop down menu.

Do your 2.1  work as expected after enable pulseaudio 2.1 lfe filter ?

Do your dual headphone jacks work as expected after you add back the
missing pin?

Do your dual headphone jack coexist with 2.1 speakers since you only have
three volume controls ?

After you change to 5.1 by realtek hda manger , do you need a reboot ?
If yes, Do this mean that you also need another reboot to use back 2.1
intenal speakers ?

Do HDA realtek manager  allow you to

a) change mic jack as Line in jack ?
b) disable the subwoofer ?
c) change any jack to line in, line out, headphone or mic ?

Since bios did not setup pin default for some jacks,

Do users expect the jacks are initialised by the driver

1) as the icon near the jack
2) as specified in user manual
3) as notebook specifcation

You need a simplified verion of hdajackretask which  allow you to change
from 2.1 to 5.1