[alsa-devel] Audio Driver Works In Ubuntu but Crash in Debian After 2nd Run

Azizul Hakim azizulfahim2002 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 21:30:22 CEST 2015

So I've three possible scenario:

Driver didn't start the DMA: Not sure how to track on this point. Any
suggestion?

Interrupt do not arrive correctly: Is this the hardware issue or ALSA
issue?

.pointer callback is buggy: It makes some sense to me but I'm confused
about it though. Will check on this point.

Thanks
Azizul Hakim wrote:
> kernel: ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:1910 playback write error (DMA or IRQ
trouble?)

This message means that the playback position did not advance.

This typically indicates that your driver did not actually start the
DMA, or that interrupts do not arrive correctly, or that your .pointer
callback is buggy.

Regards,
Clemens