[alsa-devel] Intel HDA & Realtek issues on ASUS G751JM

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:58:45 CEST 2015

> The laptop has 3 jacks. 5.1/4.0 works fine in Windows 8.1 and I'm not
> talking about HDMI/SPDIF.
> If you look at the laptop specification, it says
> 1 x Microphone-in jack
> 2 x Headphone-out jack (SPDIF)
> But the microphone-in jack can also be an output.
> Also, the laptop has two microphones, a pair of speakers and a subwoofer
(?)
> I can also boot Windows and provide information, please let me know
> what you need.

It is strange that user guide is different from specification
What are the icons near the jacks ?

Headphone output and S/PDIF output combo jack port This port allows you to
connect your Notebook PC to amplified speakers or headphones. You can also
use this port to connect your Notebook PC to Sony/Philips Digital
Interconnect Format (S/PDIF) compliant devices.

Microphone input jack port The microphone input jack port is used to
connect your Notebook PC to an external microphone.

Audio Input Jack The stereo input jack (1/8 inch) can be used to connect a
stereo audio source to the Notebook PC