[alsa-devel] Intel HDA & Realtek issues on ASUS G751JM

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jun 10 12:30:50 CEST 2015

[Drop alsa-user ML, no need for cross post]

At Mon, 8 Jun 2015 19:05:44 +0300,
Nicolae Rosia wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I can't get 4.0/5.1 sound working on my laptop [0] [1] with Fedora 22.
> With Linux 4.0 there is no output on jacks but with 4.1-rc6 I'm
> getting sound only on one output.
> Switching between
> pacmd set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1b.0 output:analog-stereo and
> pacmd set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1b.0
> output:analog-surround-40 only boosts the volume on the first output.
>
> Attached is dmesg [2], lsmod [3], result of lspci -vv [4] and pacmd
> list-cards and
> list-sinks [5] and output of various information from /proc/asound while
> runnig 4.1-rc6.
>
> Let me know if you need more information or how I can help.

Could you give alsa-info.sh output?

The first thing you should check is whether all jacks are properly
recognized as output pins.  You can check the jack detection via
hdajackretask or other programs and make 1:1 mapping between pin and
jack.  Let us know the result.