[alsa-devel] 2 speakers are assigned to the same DAC, this can't support 4.0/2.1 channles

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 06:59:53 CEST 2015

>>> The alsa-info.txt for that Dell machine is at
>>
>> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/11667982/
>>
>> The subwoofer is also at mono pin complex, are  there any low pass filter
>> for the subwoofer or vendor coeff need to be set ?
>
> I don't know it, I guess there is no hardware filter, it will work with
the software low pass filter in the pulseaudio.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=27&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=166

The ALC269 integrates five hardware equalizer bands composed of one
low-pass filter, one high-pass filter, and three band-pass filters to
compensate for mini-speaker frequency response

Do you mean alc255 does not have tbr hardware equalizer ?