[alsa-devel] Fwd: Front speakers doesn't work in multichannel output, regression in ALC888

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 06:03:21 CEST 2015

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=30b3f0087374b914a20dbe20a618fb892a5d6fd5

> > Are there any  offical specificaion ?
> >
> > So far most review only mention stereo speakers and subwoofer, the
service
> > guide only show how to replace two internal speakers
>
> Service manual mentions
>  "Dolby®-certified surround sound system with two built-in stereo
speakers and
> one subwoofer supporting low-frequency effects"
>
> so all additional channels what I'm hearing in Windows is emulated. I hope
> that it is clear now that my laptop has two internal speakers and one
> subwoofer.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda?id=8e38395360844806041ea69ab9690f5f174bc40c

You need to define your 2.1 chmap if the subwoofer only use left channel

Compiling and running PulseAudio from git

http://colin.guthr.ie/2010/09/compiling-and-running-pulseaudio-from-git/