[alsa-devel] standalone dmic with omap-dmic

Jack Mitchell ml at embed.me.uk
Thu Jun 4 17:01:22 CEST 2015

I have been trying to get a dmic connected directly into an omap44xx
working standalone (no twl6040), so far, unsucessfully. Does anyone know
if this is even possible?

I have tried with a simple-audio-card setup using the dmic-codec and
omap-dmic as the dai. I have also tried hacking out the twl6040 parts of
the twl6040 driver to get a dmic only driver. With both of these methods
I managed to get the drivers loaded but could get nothing recorded with
an Input/Output error, and then on retry a kernel lockup with regards to
enabling/disablig the dmic.

Doe anyone have any suggestions; or maybe an idea if this is even
possible without large changes? Does the dmic driver with twl6040 even
work anymore; I expect it doesn't get a lot of testing...

Cheers,
Jack.