[alsa-devel] Override default behavior when headphones are connected upon user request on wm8962

Santiago Zarate santiago at zarate.net.ve
Mon Jun 1 16:21:24 CEST 2015

Hello,

Currently i'm trying to override the default behavior when headphones are
plugged, We actually need to play audio under certain situations, and one
of the use cases is when the headphones are connected, but a sound needs to
be played over the speakers, so someone else is aware of what's happening.

We're thinking about using a GPIO that it's available from our application
or a simple module parameter, but the problem i'm facing right now is:

1: Where to specify that particular path or the behavior i need, i've been
looking at [2], and adding a SOC_DAPM_PIN_SWITCH[1] but doesn't matter what
the state is, if the headphones are on, i can't turn on the speakers to
play sounds at the same time.

i'm able to do it, by disabling the hp detection pin, and controlling the
audio over udev events. so i'm pretty sure that it would be possible to do
this, with the hp detection pin. which takes us to #2:

2: How can i trigger an event based on the change of a module parameter  or
a gpio port (Thinking both would be the same)...

i've tried to alter hp_event
<http://lxr.free-electrons.com/ident?v=3.16;i=hp_event> without any
success... even returning 0 on any event and still nothing, which drives me
to belive that i'm doing something completely wrong AND the codec/driver is
among the last ones to get notified of the presence of the hp

The idea is:

if override port or parameter is set to true, trigger  the audio override and
play sound on Speaker and HP at the same time.

right now i'm working with imx-wm8962 driver and the matching codec,

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2011-February/036370.html
[1]
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2010-December/035055.html
 [2]

Thanks in advance!
--

Santiago Zarate
  http://foursixnine.io

“Dreams permit each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane
every night of our lives.” - William Dement