[alsa-devel] Bug on Dell Vostro 5480 (Intel Wildcat) kernel driver

Paulo Roberto de Oliveira Castro p.oliveira.castro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 05:35:34 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

After installing Fedora 22 on my Dell Vostro 5480, the speakers don't work,
and the sound only comes out of the subwoofer. Here is the output of
alsa-info.sh. After talking to "debianuser" on IRC, we found this
workaround:

sudo hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC1D0 0x14 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x40 # enable,
set it to OUT
sudo hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC1D0 0x14 SET_CONNECT_SEL 0 # switch to 0x0c
sudo hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC1D0 0x14 SET_AMP_GAIN_MUTE 0xa000 # unmute left
sudo hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC1D0 0x14 SET_AMP_GAIN_MUTE 0x9000 # unmute right

We suspect that it's a kernel driver bug. This makes the speakers work
alongside the headphones (both at the same time) but I need help making it
working when headphones are not plugged in.

Thanks,

Paulo