[alsa-devel] pcm prepare

Andy Ng andreas2025 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 23:01:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am quite surprised that by sending hardware params with alsa-lib the
prepare function is called automatically in the driver.

In my case, I would like to open and configure pcmNp and pcmNc and
then call prepare for pcmNp and pcmPc channels.

It is quite imperative to execute specific configuration steps after
both channels are opened and configured.

I was wondering if there is any ioctl interface that can be hooked in
alsa-lib to pass extra configuration info before start the streams.

Any ideas?

Andy