[alsa-devel] HDMI hotplug on Skylake when power well is off

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Jul 15 11:05:22 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to debug an issue here where the HDMI hotplug events are not
delivered to the audio side when the power well is off. This is on a
Skylake machine (running in HDA mode).

I'm not sure whether the problem is upstream or due to my own patches
while testing, so I was wondering how this is supposed to be working, so
I can troubleshoot further?

Should there be an IRQ on the HDA controller even if the power well is
off, and if not, how should the audio driver be notified that an HDMI
hotplug event has happened?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic