[alsa-devel] After kernel upgrade to v ~~> 4.1.0, no audio output unless UNPLUG/RE-PLUGIN of audio jack on card; OK with earlier kernels

robert.devanna at nospammail.net robert.devanna at nospammail.net
Mon Jul 6 15:31:57 CEST 2015

> The script includes the information, but your mail didn't, so I had to
> start a browser, and read it through by myself.  If the codec chip was
> mentioned in the mail, I could answer in a second.
>
> So, please, at the next time, give your hardware detail concisely in
> the mail itself.  This will save lots of time.

I cooperatively provided the info that I was asked to provide -- the alsa-info script output for the before/after cases.
> Since the output's too big for the list, apparently, I pastebin'd the full script output
>
> 	[1] -> http://pastebin.com/jUyTRrFG
> 	[2] -> http://pastebin.com/4V8YCguV

The script info in my email clearly DOES provide the codec information.

I'd have put the script output INTO the email if the list didn't limit the size of the mail and refuse to accept it.  It would save time if that limit didn't prevent including the info we're asked to provide.