[alsa-devel] Regression in kernel 3.19-rc5 for usb2 scarlett 18i20

Guido Aulisi guido.aulisi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:42:22 CET 2015

Hi,
I noticed a regression in 3.19-rc5 kernel (as shipped by fedora rawhide)
with usb2 focusrite scarlett 18i20.
I get a lot of xruns with jack, even at 1024 frame buffer and 2 periods.
In 3.17.8 it works quite well without xruns at the same settings.

I use a fedora 20 (64bit) laptop with 8GB ram,  I only installed the
rawhide kernel to try the new included scarlett mixer, no other software
components changed.

I can try to do some other test, but compiling the kernel on this laptop
is time consuming.

Thanks
Guido