[alsa-devel] Possible GPL-licensed header included in alsa-lib

Clemens Lang clemens.lang at bmw-carit.de
Mon Jan 19 15:31:00 CET 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 09:55:43AM +0100, Clemens Lang wrote:
> > >  2. If the header is indeed covered by GPL-2.0, would you accept patches
> > >     to replace it with a different implementation, e.g. Rusty Russell's
> > > 	MIT-licensed list from ccan[2]?
> >
> > It could be solution, but the current code seems a bit less complicated.
>
> I'm sure I could simplify the implementation and remove the features
> not needed by alsa.
>

> > Could you try to obtain list of original authors from linux 2.4 ? I
> > think I can ask about the licence change.
>
> I'm working on it and will get back to you once I have some results
> (or given up).

as a follow-up, I have searched the lkml archives as published on
lkml.org for 1996 and 1997 (where list.h appeared), but did not find a
patch that contributed a list.h file or any of the functions in the
file. So either the mail archive published at lmkl.org is incomplete, or
the file was never sent to lmkl (written by Linus?).

Clemens
--
BMW Car IT GmbH
Clemens Lang