[alsa-devel] Regression with .set_bias_level in pcm512x?

Peter Rosin peda at axentia.se
Tue Jan 13 23:49:07 CET 2015

Hi!

I'm working on adding support for DAIFMT_CBM_CFM and DAIFMT_CBM_CFS
to pcm512x, and it works nicely in the 3.10 kernel + Atmel-patches were I have
developed the code. Now I'm trying to forward-port it and test it on
3.18 + other-Atmel-patches in preparation for submission. However, there
seems to be a regression in that the (pre-existing) pcm512x_set_bias_level
callback is never called in the 3.18 version.

I see that there has been some core work on set_bias_level, and suspect
it has something to do with dapm and components, but I think someone else
will find the problem much quicker than I am able to.

I have feebly tried to revert 0bd2ac3dae74ee25c5ea171cb572731c7a89c248
and 68f831c2724ab72c0088471b2ed1dc99e81948ef, but that didn't help. That
also seems a bit backwards. So, what needs to be done in the pcm512x driver
to have set_bias_level called?

Please help.

Cheers,
Peter