[alsa-devel] AES/SPDIF channel status bits in ALSA

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Thu Jan 8 14:27:10 CET 2015

Dne 8.1.2015 v 14:14 Petr Kulhavy napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to get the channel status bits information from an AES or
> SPDIF input interface through ALSA and read it in userspace?
> I'm trying to solve some issues with the channel status bits sent from a
> custom hardware and finding a way to analyse the channel status info.

Look for the IEC958 controls (amixer -c <cardnumber> contents), but most
hardware / drivers do not pass this information.

Some hardware is also able to receive the whole spdif frames - look for
drivers with SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_IEC958_SUBFRAME_* types (like cmipci).

				Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer