[alsa-devel] No sound from speakers with Realtek ALC3226

John Frankish john.frankish at outlook.com
Wed Feb 25 10:08:29 CET 2015

> > I posted this on the alsa-user list, but did not get a reply.
> >
> > Although it occasionally works, I am usually unable to get any sound
> > out of the speakers on a dell latitude e7240 using alsa-1.0.28 and
> > linux-3.16.6 - see details at the end of the post.
>
> If so, Windows or BIOS is the problem.  It doesn't set up the pin
configuration properly Linux driver relies on.

I just updated the bios to the latest version, but no change :(

> If you get the status where the speaker works (e.g. after Windows clean
reboot), try to take alsa-info.sh snapshot.  Run alsa-> info.sh with
--no-upload option, and save the generated output.  Then, take another
alsa-info.sh snapshot while the speaker > doesn't work.  Compare these two
outputs.  (At best, attach both (compressed) files.)

Alsa_info_works and alsa_info_no_works attached - diff didn't show an
obvious difference between getting sound from the speakers and not getting
sound from the speakers.