[alsa-devel] [Patch V4 00/10] ASoC: QCOM: Add support for ipq806x SOC

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Thu Feb 12 03:53:41 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 05:05:52PM -0800, Kenneth Westfield wrote:

> Replacing DSP-based drivers with LPASS-based drivers would be something that
> should be handled by Kconfig selections.  For the DT, the DSP-related

No, it shouldn't be.  We should have the ability to build a single
kernel image which will run on many systems, including both your
system with a DSP and other systems without.

> nodes and the LPASS-related nodes shouldn't overlap.  There should be a
> DSP-based DT binding and a separate LPASS-based DT binding.  Tying one
> or the other to the sound node (but not both), should work.

The selection of DSP use sounds like something which isn't part of the
description of the hardware but rather a runtime policy decision (at
least in so far as non-DSP is ever an option).