[alsa-devel] [Intel HDA][ALC3226] Too much white noise from microphone

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 12:12:40 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Alexander E. Patrakov
<patrakov at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/HDA_Analyzer
Ah, i wasn't aware of this tool and I have a HDA in my laptop...

> If this doesn't help, just click around randomly. Maybe you'll find the
> magic checkbox that makes the noise go away and the voice stay :)
No luck yet, played with the internal mic, which is very noise and SNR
is much too high to be usable. Setting vref to 50 gives the best SNR,
still not usable though.

Changing the "digital" capture level in alsamixer changes the level of
the internal mic signal - is this expected? I looked for the "digital"
capture level control in HDAAnalyzer, but couldn't find it - vendor
defined?

Cheers, -Harry

--

http://www.openavproductions.com