[alsa-devel] Intel Cherry Trail -- No sound in linux

ZH Tu tuzhihe at pcasl.com
Sat Dec 12 09:25:46 CET 2015

As Pierre suggestions:

try to enable a DSP loopback to see if the data isn't garbled by the driver
amixer cset "name='pcm1_out mix 0 pcm0_in" on

But we all know that the stream path is power on automaticlly, so even I do the mixer setting, the pcm1_out wighet still is in power off state.

So is there way to do the loopback?

Now every time I do the test:
aplay test.wav

I get the error message:
[drm:intel_pipe_update_end [i915]] *ERROR* Atomic update failure on pipe C (start=46633 end=46634)

And there're no more errors.

From the message I guess the pipe used by intel drm is blocked, so as to the pipe used by SST firmware,   that's why I cannot get data from DACDAT pin.

This bug confused me for  a long time,  can anyone give some suggestions?

Thanks

Zhihe Tu