[alsa-devel] HDMI Repoll after pm?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Dec 10 13:59:59 CET 2015

On 2015-12-10 10:53, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:47:59 +0100,
> David Henningsson wrote:
>>
>> Hi Takashi,
>>
>> A recent change in sound.git seems to have introduced some repoll after
>> pm. Is this an intentional change? I don't think it's wrong per se (it
>> stops after 6 repolls), but it breaks my hda-emu tester when "list" does
>> not return the expected input.
>
> Hm, there is no such an intended change.

After testing some more, I've found that reverting e90247f9 (Split ELD
update code from hdmi_present_sense) fixes the issue, so it seems like
this commit indeed contains a functional change...

>> ...notice how the last two lines are somewhat unexpected output for a
>> "list" command, but I can make my tool more robust in case you confirm
>> this is an expected change.
>
> When the list may trigger some runtime PM, the jack status report
> itself should have been present at resume in earlier version, too.
> Do you see the repoll there?

To clarify, it's not power up or power down, it's flush_delayed_work
that runs after every hda-emu command that causes "list" to also report
the jack status.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic