[alsa-devel] HDMI Repoll after pm?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Dec 10 10:47:59 CET 2015

Hi Takashi,

A recent change in sound.git seems to have introduced some repoll after
pm. Is this an intentional change? I don't think it's wrong per se (it
stops after 6 repolls), but it breaks my hda-emu tester when "list" does
not return the expected input.

To reproduce, try running:

./hda-emu
codecs/canonical/92hd91bxx-dell-inspiron-5423-ccert-201208-11456 -i 1
 > pm
.... lots of data ....
** TEST_PM DONE **
HDMI status: Codec=3 Pin=5 Presence_Detect=0 ELD_Valid=0
JACK report HDMI/DP, status 0
 > list
1: HDMI/DP Jack:0 (1)
2: IEC958 Playback Con Mask:0 (1)
3: IEC958 Playback Pro Mask:0 (1)
4: IEC958 Playback Default:0 (1)
5: IEC958 Playback Switch:0 (1)
6: ELD:0 (1)
7: Playback Channel Map:0 (1)
HDMI status: Codec=3 Pin=5 Presence_Detect=0 ELD_Valid=0
JACK report HDMI/DP, status 0

...notice how the last two lines are somewhat unexpected output for a
"list" command, but I can make my tool more robust in case you confirm
this is an expected change.

// David