[alsa-devel] Tascam US-366 and Alsa Firmware

Burton Samograd burton.samograd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:34:49 CEST 2015

Hi,

I recently bought the Tascam US-366 and forgot to check for Linux support,
which it doesn't have (yet! :). Looking through the Alsa firmware sources,
there seems to be a firmware loader called usx2yloader which supports a
number of Tascam cards, but the US-366 is not listed.  It looks like really
usx2yloader just needs the firmware and a `prepad` file. I`ve found the
firmware for the card (I think) buried in the OSX firmware download
package:

http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/789/us-322_us-366_fw_v103_mavericks-yosemite.zip

Now I think I just need the prepad file, but there's little documentation
regarding exactly what that is (I'm assuming a number of 0s just to pad the
firmware image to alignment, but I'm not sure of what alignment).

Any ideas if usx2yloader will work at all with the US-366?  Does anyone
know what the pre-pad file should be/contain?  Has anyone tried to get the
US-366 working yet and failed?

Reference:

     http://tascam.com/product/us-366/

Thanks.