[alsa-devel] Out-of-tree HDMI audio driver for BayTrail-T

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Aug 27 08:02:00 CEST 2015

I don't usually deal with out-of-tree drivers, but when Canonical
enabled the Intel Compute Stick [1] (which is using a BayTrail-T
processor), we were using an out-of-tree driver to enable HDMI audio.

The driver has earlier been made public by Intel [2], and I've put my
modifications to it here [3].

Unfortunately, it looks like the effort and hardware knowledge required
to make this driver upstreamable is beyond what I can currently manage.

Also, I cannot answer for whether or not other parties (such as Intel)
plan to upstream the driver.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic