[alsa-devel] Boss Micro BR-80 not workin

Karsten Heymann karsten.heymann at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 23:46:37 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get my Boss Micro BR-80 (id 0582:0130) usb device to work.
The device is detected, but with my limited knowledge of the alsa basics i
could not get any audio in or out of it, pulse audio and jack don't seem to
work too. I'm not a kernel hacker, but hope to be helpful with providing
output, testing patches and if necessary providing ssh access to a system
with this device attached to a more knowledgeable developer.

There used to be dedicated quirk code in sound/usb/quirk-table.h which was
removed in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/109660/focus=111768 during a
roland module update. Older postings on the net indicate that the br-80
seem to have worked in the past.

My questions:
* which command outputs do you need to debug this?
* should compiling an older version of the snd-usb module for a current
kernel work?

Regards,
Karsten