[alsa-devel] [REANNOUNCE] Audio Mini Summit 2015, 8th October, Dublin

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 3 21:11:48 CEST 2015

> Full media controller integration for both ALSA and ASoC. How this can be
> used to export topology information to userspace and how to for example
> attach a specific volume control to a specific media controller entity. And
> maybe also how to de-duplicate similar functionality between DAPM and media
> controller.

This is something I looked at, without much progress though beyond a set
of initial patches to make use of the media controller API. There were
two issues:
- one was to agree on a syntax/format for the (binary) topology
information exposed by the kernel.
- the main issue was really how to link a user-visible volume slider to
a specific or group of volume controls. A number of people have tried
this before in other contexts and it's really hard to do based on
topology information only.

But yes a good topic to re-discuss
-Pierre