[alsa-devel] query on upstream ASoC driver split across SOUND and DRM subsystems

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Aug 3 18:19:05 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 06:07:51PM +0000, Bayyavarapu, Maruthi wrote:

Please fix your mailer to word wrap within paragraphs, it makes your
mails much easier to read and reply to.

> I want to send AMD ASoC driver for review.

Please just send the driver for review using the standard process
covered in SubmittingPatches.

> This driver has a dependency with AMD's 'DRM' subsystem components,
> which are not upstreamed yet.  Please suggest, whether this ASoC
> driver can be upstreamed via 'DRM' tree or any alternate approach is
> preferred.

When sending the code for the two subsystems please make it clear (eg,
in the covering letter) that there are dependencies, it may make sense
to send one patch series to both ASoC and DRM.  Exactly how this is
handled will depend on the nature of the dependencies and the code,
we'll work it out as part of the review.