[alsa-devel] Question about Component and Card

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Mon Aug 3 07:33:44 CEST 2015

Hi Lars
Cc Mark

I noticed my sound card (which is not upstreamed) can't probe in next branch.
I think it is because this patch
1b7c12316982f74a5b8e7704c24cf5524d0723a3
(ASoC: Prevent components from being bound to multiple cards)

In my case, my sound device (= CPU) has some DAIs,
and these are connected to some codecs.
It is shown as below. And I would like to use these as 2 sound cards.
 ex)	aplay -D hw:0 xxx
	aplay -D hw:1 xxx
But, 2nd sound card can't probe because of above patch now.
(component->card indicates 1st card)
It can be probeed if I used DPCM card (= 1 CPU + 2 Codec), but...
But, is my understanding wrong ?

codec0: codec at 0 {
	xxx
};