[alsa-devel] [RFC 6/7] ASoC: hda: Add support for SSP register settings

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 30 01:45:11 CEST 2015

On 4/27/15 9:15 AM, Mark Brown wrote:

>>> It does?
>
>> For us unfortuntely yes. We send 24 bit audio to codec and clock divider
>> doesn't give us 48clocks per frame, so we have to add dummy clocks in each
>> slot and send 25 clocks per slot
>
> So it's the hardware rather than I2S itself :)

It depends on the clock reference used to drive the SSP. With a 19.2
reference we typically divide by 50 and pad with a trailing bit.

That said I am not sure how this code would work on SKL. Vinod, isn't
this for BXT only? how do you get 19.2 on SKL, shouldn't you guys use a
24 MHz root frequency to find the divider?