[alsa-devel] Alsa triggering methods

Andy Ng andreas2025 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:24:09 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am working on a ALSA card driver that handles a DSP instance. The
problem I have is that the triggering mechanism in ALSA to start a PCM
has the interrupts disabled, and my dsp framework is actually
acknowledging the start trigger with an event after 50 microseconds
time that I can't handle because the IRQs are disabled.

Is there any way when the trigger mechanism goes down to the card to
be able to handle any acknowledgements what will happen within a sort
period of time.

I have seen bespoke triggering method but not sure if everyone is using it.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Best regards,
Andreas