[alsa-devel] [RFC 1/9] ASoC: hda: Add helper to read/write to dsp mmio space

Vinod Koul vinod.koul at intel.com
Wed Apr 29 13:03:48 CEST 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 10:02:02PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 08:04:52PM +0530, Vinod Koul wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 06:33:31PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
>
> > > Seems like we could use the block I/O stuff in regmap for that?
>
> > Yes we could, but not sure if we really benefit from using regmap here.
>
> I'd look at it the other way around - what would it cost you given that
> you're implementing regmap like wrappers already?  You do get all the
> debugging features if you use it...
it won't cost much :) If we had a register map I would not have questions.
Btw HDA codec will sue regmap as core does that

Most used here is a single IPC register for messaging and then 2K memory for
payload. Each message has different values. We dont have register interface
for DSP :(

Anyway discussed this with Liam as well, we might do something with our
common amilbox code which the SKL driver will also use in next series

Thanks
--
~Vinod