[alsa-devel] Playback - Overwrite buffer with silence

Nilhcraiv nilhcraiv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 20:13:48 CEST 2015

Raymind wrote:
> Pulseaudio is a sound server which mix several playback streams,
> silence size may has no effect since the alsa sink may use different
> period size/buffer size or disable period wakeup when using timer
> scheduling
Then, How I can avoid under-run? I mean, If I attempt to write data in a
buffer and the under-run occurs, It takes a long time to recover the pcm
and the data must be lost. ¿how I can put silence in buffer instead of
lost data?

I have set the snd_pcm_sw_params_set_stop_threshold() to the boundary
value also, but the under-run occurs

My Playback PCM now:

INFO: Using "default" device.
ALSA <-> PulseAudio PCM I/O Plugin