[alsa-devel] RME MADIFX mainline inclusion

Heikki Lindholm holin at iki.fi
Fri Apr 17 22:56:00 CEST 2015

7.4.2015 14.05, Adrian Knoth kirjoitti:
> On 04/07/15 12:03, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
>>> Code is here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/adiknoth/madifx/commits/tokernel
>>>
> [..]
>>> In its current state, can I send you three patches (Kconfig, madifx.h,
>>> madifx.c) that add said driver to sound/pci/rme9652?
>> Well, I really want some testers whether the merged code actually
>> works.
>
> The standalone code (above driver) works, I know a couple of people
> using it.
>
> Let me CC a few I've found - maybe they can test a merged version or at
> least testify that what they're using atm actually works.

We have been using the madifx driver since mid-2013 in production
environment and it has served well. Up to now our system has been
running with a driver snapshot from July 2013 on ubuntustudio 13.04
(kernel 3.8 iirc). We just upgraded to ubuntustudio 14.04 and madifx
driver from Adrian's tokernel branch (ubuntu vidid kernel 3.19.0). So
far, it appears to work just as well.

So, +1 for mainlining the driver. We can also test the actual patchset,
when submitted.

Regards,
Heikki Lindholm