[alsa-devel] Understanding Atmel SSC SND_SOC_DAIFMT_CBS_CFS mode

Angelo Compagnucci angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 12:58:59 CEST 2015

Hi List,

I'm looking for a way to understand how to correctly configure the
Atmel SSC dai on a SAMA5D3 to work in master mode with an I2S codec.

>From this comment:

 /*
 * I2S format, SSC provides BCLK and LRC clocks.
 *
 * The SSC transmit and receive clocks are generated
 * from the MCK divider, and the BCLK signal
 * is output on the SSC TK line.
 */

My question is: should be MCK divider configured manually? If yes how?

Actually I'm trying to poke around in atmel_ssc_dai and found a way to
generate a stable bit clock, but frame clock is not working as
expected.

Have you any advice on how to set correctly SSC parameters to generate
a stable bit clock and frame clock?

Any advice?

Thank you!

--