[alsa-devel] Playback - Overwrite buffer with silence

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 05:14:51 CEST 2015

> Clemens wrote:
>    But an earlier function probably did.
>
> It is the first call to " snd_pcm_sw_params_get_boundary" function and it
return zero. If I use the function after "writei" then, the boundary value
is a large number. What boundary means when the value is a large number?

You have to add snd_pcm_dump() after snd_pcm_hw_params() to dump those
paramters accepted by your default device

Not all default device support two periods per buffer as you did not
explicitly set periods or period_size

Most functions which you used can return error