[alsa-devel] Issues and/or possible bugs in alsa

Yomi Ogunwumi abyomi0 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 17:25:28 CEST 2015

Headphones unplugged.
[11:10:44 | yomi at xana ~/software/alsa-tools/hdajacksensetest] » sudo
./hdajacksensetest -c 1
[sudo] password for yomi:
Pin 0x18 (Black Mic, Right side): present = No
Pin 0x21 (Black Headphone, Right side): present = No

Headphones plugged in.
[11:10:50 | yomi at xana ~/software/alsa-tools/hdajacksensetest] » sudo
./hdajacksensetest -c 1
Pin 0x18 (Black Mic, Right side): present = Yes
Pin 0x21 (Black Headphone, Right side): present = No

That's odd. It seems to detect my headphones as being plugged into the Mic
jack. It isn't. It is plugged into the headphone jack. I checked.
Haha. If I plug my headphones into the Mic Jack...alsamixer correctly mutes
the speakers and raises the volume of the headphones output.

Headphones plugged into Mic Jack.
[11:11:08 | yomi at xana ~/software/alsa-tools/hdajacksensetest] » sudo
./hdajacksensetest -c 1
[sudo] password for yomi:
Pin 0x18 (Black Mic, Right side): present = Yes
Pin 0x21 (Black Headphone, Right side): present = Yes

--
*Yomi*