[alsa-devel] recording problem in beagleboard-mcbsp

noman pouigt variksla at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 00:58:27 CEST 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:53 AM, noman pouigt <variksla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 12:13 AM, Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi at ti.com> wrote:

>>> This patch seems pretty old and I am not able to apply it as i am
>>> using latest kernel.
>>> kernel: 3.19
>>
>> It removed functionality, you might want ton hack something similar back for
>> testing
>
> I will give it a try but wouldn't it be nice if i can directly write
> to mux registers
> to get back the functionality.

Anyway i tried adding this hack below
 void __init omap3_ctrl_init(void)
 {
+       int devconf0;
        omap_ctrl_writel(OMAP3430_AUTOIDLE_MASK, OMAP2_CONTROL_SYSCONFIG);

        omap3_ctrl_set_iva_bootmode_idle();

        omap3_ctrl_setup_d2d_padconf();
+devconf0 = omap_ctrl_readl(OMAP2_CONTROL_DEVCONF0);
+devconf0 |=  OMAP2_MCBSP1_CLKR_MASK | OMAP2_MCBSP1_FSR_MASK;
+omap_ctrl_writel(devconf0, OMAP2_CONTROL_DEVCONF0);
 }

and run in codec slave and mcbsp1 master mode. It didn't work. Playback
as you know is already working without this change.