[alsa-devel] Issues and/or possible bugs in alsa

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 03:20:29 CEST 2015

> Can you send me a modified sound/pci/hda/hda_proc.c, with the changes you
included in last email?

Just change two lines to dump nid, nodes and pwr

snd_iprintf(buffer, "Invalid AFG subtree nid=%x nodes=%x\n", nid, nodes);

snd_iprintf(buffer, "  Power: %x setting=%s, actual=%s", pwr,
    get_pwr_state(pwr & AC_PWRST_SETTING),
    get_pwr_state((pwr & AC_PWRST_ACTUAL) >>
  AC_PWRST_ACTUAL_SHIFT));

>> > I'm going to take a guess and conclude that there must be bugs in the
interface patch written for the realtek codecs. I happened to test two
other laptops and they worked just fine. (Intel...)

>> > ...I guess in should report a bug related to that realtek patch...

Setting-reset