[alsa-devel] ASoC: How to connect a single CPU DAI to two codecs?

Sergej Sawazki ssawazki at gmx.de
Sat Sep 27 15:33:44 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm writing an ALSA SoC machine driver for a board that has two mono
codecs (left and right audio channel). Each codec is controlled over I2C
and has itsown address.Both codecs are connected to the same I2S CPU DAI
(as shown below).

     +--------- (adr: 0x1a) -----+
     |                           |
     |             +--------> codec_1 ----> (left channel audio)
    I2C    I2S ----+
     |             +--------> codec_2 ----> (right channel audio)

Can someone give me some advice on how to setup the 'snd_soc_card' and 'snd_soc_dai_link' in this case? Do I need two dai_links with the same 'cpu_dai_name' and 'platform_name'?

Are there examples for such a configuration? I didn't had much luck in finding one in the mainline?

Any help would be highly appreciated.  Thanks!

Sergej