[alsa-devel] Radeon unconnected HDMI eats samples at 280 kHz

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Sep 22 16:39:17 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-22 14:46, Deucher, Alexander wrote:
> [...]

Thanks, I have now tried this, together with the kernel from
drm-next-3.18-wip.

 From your patches it looks like I should look at the dumped register
0x7300, is that correct?

At boot up, this register is 001000f0. (Out of curiousity, I tried
disabling unsol events from the audio side, but this did not change the
register.)
After HDMI plug in, the register changed to 0x8f1000f0, the jack
reported being plugged in, and audio worked.

After HDMI unplugged again, the register remained at 0x8f1000f0, and
"xrandr --output HDMI-0 --off" did not help.

However, when looking at your code, I also spotted something in the
patch called "disable audio when we disable hdmi":

if (!enable && dig->afmt->pin) {
     r600_audio_enable(rdev, dig->afmt->pin, 0xf);
                                             ^^^
If enable is false, should we not set the last parameter to 0 instead of
0xf?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic