[alsa-devel] How to select input from muxer in front of SSI on i.MX6

Jean-Michel Hautbois jean-michel.hautbois at vodalys.com
Fri Sep 19 17:18:08 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am now working on making my audio path working completely.
And I get some difficulties to write a DT for my needs.
I join a picture which is not the reality but a simplified version of the board.

I have a FPGA between my codecs and my i.MX6. This FPGA is responsible
of lots of things, and in particular of muxing signals.
I can program it in order to get the audio signal I want on the SSI I
want (so sgtl5000 can ben on SSI1 or SSI2 or both). This path is not a
single codec, but a multiple codec one.
So I can have on SSI1 LineIn from sgtl5000 or audio from hdmi (adv7611).

I don't know how to write it in DT, regarding audmux for instance, and
the sound{} node...
And I don't know how to drive all these peripherals (from arecord, I
wish I have hw:0,0 is LineIn, hw:0;1 is HDMI, etc.).

Any help would be appreciated :).
Thanks,
JM