[alsa-devel] coverity fix in alsa-libs

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Sep 18 09:11:35 CEST 2014

At Thu, 18 Sep 2014 03:57:36 +0000 (GMT),
Renu Tyagi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the spam mail. I am sending the mail in plain text now.
> PFA patch.
> File in which changes are being made : rawmidi.c
> Bug type - Handle h to be closed in case of error before returning
> Meanwhile I am looking into the matter why my mails are not visible in ML.

I see now on ML, so the problem was your post in HTML, indeed.

Regarding the patch: I see only a few cosmetic issue.

- Use embedded in the mail as much as possible rather than an
  attachment.  This makes review much easier.

- Put your real name in sign-off-by (and also From: line).  Refer to
  Documentation/SubmittingPatches in Linux kernel tree about the
  meaning of this line.

- Put a space before the open brace.

- Add some prefix in the subject line to identify the area; in this
  case, add like "rawmidi: Handle d to be ...."

thanks,