[alsa-devel] Using codec pins to configure part of audio routing subsystem

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 19:41:46 CEST 2014

Hi

Here is reiteration from my previous question [1]

I have following task. I have realtek rt5677 codec. Codec has 6 pins.
Some of the pins are configured as output and used to manipulate part
of audio routing subsystem. In my case one pin enables headphones amp,
another pin gates DMIC clock.

I can easily do it by hard-coding this logic to rt5677 driver. Now I
an trying to pull this board-specific logic out of the codec driver
code and move it to device tree.

I was told (without much explanation) to do it either 2 ways:

1) export codec pins as gpio and then create fixed regulator and tie
it to codec via SND_SOC_DAPM_REGULATOR_SUPPLY. I sent a question [1]
to clarify if it is the right way.

2) create ALSA controls for pins. I believe it means I need to create
controls with names "GPIO1", "GPIO2"..."GPIO6" and then use as part of
audio_routing list.

What is the right way to achieve my goal. Are there examples of
configuration similar to mine? I am sure it is an easy task that was
already implemented by someone, but I can't google any useful result.

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/127508