[alsa-devel] Possible fix for snd-hda-intel model=no-jd failing since ~linux-3.9-rc1

Adam Richter adam_richter2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 06:40:43 CEST 2014

Hi, again, Takashi.

A few minute ago, I wrote a side comment that you should ignore, which was the following:

>Also, by the way, it appears that linux-3.17-rc4's Intel "high defintiion audio"
> driver, regardless of whether this patch is applied, no
> longer shows Linux input subsystem devices for analog audio
> jack sense, although it does provide such a device for HDMI
> jack sense.  [...]

In Linux 3.17-rc4, reloading the snd-hda-intel module without "model=no-jd" results in those input devices being created.  So, it is not a bug.  In fact, I think is completely correct and an improvement that mode=no-jd now causes the jack sense Linux input layer devices not to be created, which should make it easier for userspace to detect and adapt to this situation.

Sorry for the distraction.

Adam Richter