[alsa-devel] simle-card DT style for DPCM

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Tue Sep 9 13:51:30 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 01:50:53AM -0700, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:

> 2 reasons for enabling DPCM
>  1. to use "sampling rate convert"
>  2. we need to use multi CPU (2cpu + 1codec)

> 2nd case is required in our next SoC.

> We can create everything/something in C code. I have no concern about it.
> I need to know DT style of "multi cpu system on simple-card"
> (= we will use DPCM in this case)
> It is easy to understand for me if Mark/you can show me your idea of DT style.

If these two cases look the same from a hardware point of view (one
external interface connected to the CODEC, one block within the SoC
which happens to be able to deal with multiple streams of audio) then
they should look the same from a DT point of view.  The fact that the
block can handle multiple streams of audio shouldn't be relevant to the
DT bindings.