[alsa-devel] simle-card DT style for DPCM

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 02:20:36 CEST 2014

Hi Mark

> > I wonder how to know it in driver ?
> > (How to switch normal <-> FE/BE ?, and how to know FE or BE ?)
> > Can you show me objectivization example / idea ?
>
> Surely we can just put a data table or two in there with all the routing
> inside the IP in the same way that we handle routing within CODECs?  It
> doesn't seem like a fundamentally different problem.

We can use this idea inside C code,
then, we need decide to use it or not use it somehow ?
We can do everything in C code, I have no concern about it.
But, my main concern is that how to decide this switching from DT file.
How to decide to use this "data table" ?
Does this mean you can accept new compatible ?

     compatible = "simple-audio-card"; # normal simple-card

     compatible = "soc-audio-card";    # special sound card
                                       # we use DPCM this time

Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto