[alsa-devel] USB Implicit Feedback

Pierre C lists at peufeu.com
Sat Sep 6 08:53:23 CEST 2014

Hello !

I'm implementing a USB Audio Class 2 device using a Cortex-M4 with high
speed USB. So far it works well, the device is recognized by ALSA,
playback, capture, sample rate change, and all controls like volume and
mute work. I'm using explicit feedback.

I'd like to use implicit feedback instead, and had some problems...

With implicit feedback, when playback starts, ALSA should start capture
automatically (even if there are no applications requesting capture at the
moment) to use the number of capture samples as feedback. But it doesn't.

So, I'd like to know :

- Is it actually supported ?
- If it is, what descriptors should I use to make it work ?

Thanks for any info, have a nice day !

Pierre