[alsa-devel] simle-card DT style for DPCM

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 02:11:22 CEST 2014

Hi Mark

> > This means BE don't know who is FE.
> > The implementation can be more easy if it has
> > connect-to / connect-from property
> > (I'm not sure this is good naming...)
>
> We don't need to get this from DT if it's fixed in the SoC - the driver
> for the SoC can know this.  The whole front end/back end thing is a bit
> of a Linuxism.

Yes, FE/BE is very Linuxism, and I know DT shouldn't have Linuxism property.
But, "connect" or "remote" is normal in DT ?

> the driver for the SoC can know this.

I wonder how to know it in driver ?
(How to switch normal <-> FE/BE ?, and how to know FE or BE ?)
Can you show me objectivization example / idea ?

Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto