[alsa-devel] simle-card DT style for DPCM

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Sep 1 16:30:47 CEST 2014

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 05:35:51PM -0700, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:

> -- use DPCM for sampling-rate-convert --
> sound {
> 	compatible = "simple-audio-card";
>
> 	simple-audio-card,dai-link {
> 		cpu {
> 		};
> 		codec {
> 			fixed-sampling-rate = <xxx>;
> 		};
> 	}
> }

This looks good to me though I think specifying the rate at the link
level might make more sense.

> -- use DPCM for multi DAI --
> sound {
> 	compatible = "simple-audio-card";
>
> 	simple-audio-card,dai-link {
> 		cpu at 0 {
> 		};
> 		cpu at 1 {
> 		};
> 		codec at 1 {
> 		};
> 	}
> }

I think here what I'd expect to see is only one CPU DAI specified for
the back end link in the CPU that is actually linked to the CODEC and
the front ends being worked out by the drivers, unless there are systems
where the set of front ends can be configured at system build time (as
opposed to from software at runtime) somehow.